Two years on from Perma-Crisis being named word of the year, living on planet earth feels fraught. There is rapid technological, ecological and environmental change, within the context of an information age assault on the senses.
Lincoln Performing Arts Centre is hosting an art competition that’s open to all ages. We’re asking you to get creative and DRAW YOUR LPAC!
Whether you take inspiration from our rainbow coloured seating, a quiet moment of relaxation you’ve had in our Zing Cafe Bar, a memory of a show you came to see, or the very building itself. The possibilities are endless and we can’t wait to see what you create.
To enter you can email a scanned image of your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘DRAW YOUR LPAC: Entry’ and fill out the following information:
Title of entry:
School name, address, email address, telephone number and teacher’s name (if applicable)
Social media handles across Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (if applicable)
Or you can hand in a physical copy of your artwork at our box office.
The winner will receive a free tote bag and their design will be used in print, along with their name or relevant social media handles.
The competition ends Friday 10th June 2022 at 5pm.
Good Luck! Now get scribbling!
DRAW YOUR LPAC Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to all ages on 9th May 2022.
2. To enter the Competition you must complete the following information along with your entry:
– Name, age, email address and telephone number
– Title of entry.
– School name, address, email address, telephone number and teacher’s name (if applicable)
– Social media handles across Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (if applicable)
You can scan your artwork and send it to us via email or hand in your artwork to us at our box office.
3. If you are under the age of 16, please check that your parent or guardian is happy for you enter the Competition based on these terms and conditions.
4. If you have any questions about how to enter the Competition, please email us at email@example.com with “Art competition: query” in the subject line.
5. Submitting an entry to the Competition is confirmation of acceptance of these terms and conditions.
6. Submitting an entry to the competition is confirmation that Lincoln Performing Arts Centre can use your artwork for marketing and promotion materials or purposes.
7. Only one entry is permitted per person. Entries on behalf of another person will be accepted and joint entries are allowed provided entry details are filled out for both individuals.
8. The closing date and time of the Competition is 10th June at 5pm. Entries received after the closing date and time will not be included.
9. There will be 1 winner chosen.
10. The prizes will be sent to them by post or collection will be available.
11. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
12. The winners may be required to take part in promotional activity including the use of their artwork and/or photograph in connection with publicity about the prize.
13. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of entry is not proof of receipt.
14. No purchase is necessary.
15. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude liability for death, personal injury or fraud, as a result of negligence.
17. LPAC reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of LPAC in all matters under its control is final and binding.
18. LPAC shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
19. The promoter of the Competition is LPAC whose address is University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, LN6 7DQ
The closing date and time of the Competition is 17:00 on Friday 10th June 2022.
Published:Mon 9th May 2022
8 Acts of Love, is an interactive exhibition experience inspired by outofsite_chi artist collective’s archive https://www.outofsitechicago.org/.
University of Lincoln Level 1 Musical Theatre students present Act 2 of this captivating musical revue of Rodgers & Hart’s greatest songs, which premiered on Broadway before its successful national tour, which celebrates the songwriting duo’s trove of romantic ballads and satiric gems. The event will begin with a 10-minute talk on the work of Rodgers & Hart from Professor Dominic Symonds.
University of Lincoln Level 1 Musical Theatre students present Act 1 of this captivating musical revue of Rodgers & Hart's greatest songs, which premiered on Broadway before its successful national tour, which celebrates the songwriting duo's trove of romantic ballads and satiric gems. The event will begin with a 10-minute talk on the work of Rodgers & Hart from Professor Dominic Symonds.
Stay in touch by signing up to our mailing list
Enter your details below to subscribe to our newsletter and receive exclusive offers, event announcements, projects and news